Awards and Scholarships
CT school nutirtion professionals do great work- nominate a peer or staff member for special recognition today! Applicants must be SNACT members, or for Industry Member of the Year, a SNACT sponsor. Through the SNA/ SNACT Awards Program, we celebrate and recognize every-day heroes: school nutrition professionals who work every day to ensure well-nourished students across the country are prepared for success!
SNA Awards include:
Director of the Year
Manager of the Year
Employee of the Year
SNACT Awards are CT's in state awards.
Rising Star Award Director and Rising Star, Manager: One Rising Star Award will be given to a Food Service Director and one to a Food Service Staff Member
Industry Member of the Year Award: for Industry Members who go above And Beyond!
The Rising Star and Industry Member awards are due to email@example.com by April 1, 2018.
Anniversary of Service Award The award will be given to school nutrition employees to mark 5, 10, 15, 20 or 25 years of service. This is your chance to honor your staff for the great work that they do. SNACT members and non-members are both eligible for the Anniversary of Service Award. (All Anniversary Award recipients are expected to attend the banquet and will be charged either the member of non member rate, depending on their status at the time of the banquet.) Applications are due to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 1.
Award nominations are open now! SNA awards are due by March 1. Please click on the above awards for award guidelines and nominating forms. The Anniversary of Service Award form is due by May 1, 2018.
Congratulations to SNACT's 2016-17 Award winners:
Director of the Year: Maggie Dreher, Avon, Canton, Region 10
Manager of the Year: Susan Osborn, Montville
Rising Star, Manager: Kristina Crandal, Groton
Rising Star, Director: Erica Biagetti, Guilford
Industry Member of the Year: Bob Rosner, M&R Frosted Foods
Go for the Gold: Charter Oak Chapter and Yankee Chapter
Each year, SNACT sets aside funds for scholarships for SNACT members. These funds are to help SNACT members attend our State Conference.
Each year, SNACT sets aside funds to help school food service employees attend our Fall Conference.
- Be an active or an applied SNACT member. ( Applied members are those who can prove that they have submitted a membership application to SNA by the due date)
- Submit a complete application by the due date. Only completed applications will be considered.
- Only conference registration fees will be covered. (hotel, travel, meals, additional Highroller tickets are excluded.)
- Priority will be given to non-directors.
- Priority will be given to individuals who have not received a scholarship in the past 12 months.
- Payment will be not be made to districts.
- Applicants will not receive direct payment for their scholarship.
- In the case of partial scholarships applicants are only required to pay the registration fee not covered by their scholarship. Early bird rate will apply.
Applications are due by Wednesday Sept 27, 2017. Please send completed applications to email@example.com
For additional information about scholarships please contact Tim Thurston at firstname.lastname@example.org
SNF Scholarships for SNA Members:
Scholarships and grants are available through the School Nutrition Foundation, the philanthropic sister organization of SNA, for active SNA members to:
For more information and to apply for a scholarship or grant, please visit: http://www.schoolnutrition.org/Scholarships