Awards and Scholarships
CT school nutrition professionals do great work- nominate a peer or staff member for special recognition today! Applicants must be SNACT members, or for Industry Member of the Year, a SNACT sponsor. Through the SNA/ SNACT Awards Program, we celebrate and recognize every-day heroes: school nutrition professionals who work every day to ensure well-nourished students across the country are prepared for success!
SNACT is accepting nominees for our state only awards (winners will not be forwarded to SNA for regional or national consideration.) Click on the award name for a word version of the nomination form.
Director of the Year - The Director of the Year award recognizes school nutrition directors for the contributions they have made throughout their school nutrition career.
Manager of the Year -CLOSED- The Manager of the Year award, in honor of Louise Sublette recognizes school nutrition managers for the contributions they have made throughout their school nutrition career.
Employee of the Year - The Employee of the Year award recognizes non-managerial school nutrition employees for the contributions they have made throughout their school nutrition career.
Rising Star Award Director and Rising Star, Manager: 2 awards: One Rising Star Award will be given to a Food Service Director and one to a Food Service Staff Member.
Industry Member of the Year Award: for Industry Members who go above And Beyond!
Award nominations are due to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 1, 2018.
Anniversary of Service Award The award will be given to school nutrition employees to mark 5, 10, 15, 20 or 25 years of service. This is your chance to honor your staff for the great work that they do. SNACT members and non-members are both eligible for the Anniversary of Service Award. (All Anniversary Award recipients are expected to attend the banquet and will be charged either the member of non member rate, depending on their status at the time of the banquet.) Applications are due to email@example.com by May 1.
Congratulations to SNACT's 2016-17 Award winners:
Director of the Year: Maggie Dreher, Avon, Canton, Region 10
Manager of the Year: Susan Osborn, Montville
Rising Star, Manager: Kristina Crandal, Groton
Rising Star, Director: Erica Biagetti, Guilford
Industry Member of the Year: Bob Rosner, M&R Frosted Foods
Go for the Gold: Charter Oak Chapter and Yankee Chapter
Each year, SNACT sets aside funds for scholarships for SNACT members. These funds are to help SNACT members attend our State Conference.
SNACT Awarded 14 scholarships for our Fall 2017 Conference! Congratulations to the recipients!
- Be an active or an applied SNACT member. ( Applied members are those who can prove that they have submitted a membership application to SNA by the due date)
- Submit a complete application by the due date. Only completed applications will be considered.
- Only conference registration fees will be covered. (hotel, travel, meals, additional Highroller tickets are excluded.)
- Priority will be given to non-directors.
- Priority will be given to individuals who have not received a scholarship in the past 12 months.
- Payment will be not be made to districts.
- Applicants will not receive direct payment for their scholarship.
- In the case of partial scholarships applicants are only required to pay the registration fee not covered by their scholarship. Early bird rate will apply.
SNF Scholarships for SNA Members:
Scholarships and grants are available through the School Nutrition Foundation, the philanthropic sister organization of SNA, for active SNA members to:
For more information and to apply for a scholarship or grant, please visit: http://www.schoolnutrition.org/Scholarships